Come in and discover innovative food prepared with skill and love by a dedicated kitchen team, served by knowledgeable and professional staff in a relaxed environment. For us, less is more and quality comes over quantity: we only use the very best quality local produce in season and we make everything from scratch – right down to the bread and butter.
Head Chef Phil Corrie knows his onions. Having previously lead kitchen teams at a highly successful local pub with an excellent reputation for food, he is now enjoying the opportunity of shaping and creating this popular bistro along with Anne and Mark.
We offer carefully-structured, regularly-changing menus that allow you to savour all three courses yet not feel overwhelmed or ‘stuffed’ by the end. An 1863 dining experience will no doubt generate conversation around the table on the night, but we hope will also give you something to talk about long after you’ve left for the evening.
1863 Bistro is open 7 days.
2pm: The Bar opens
2pm – 4pm: Join us for a ‘Bite to Eat‘
6pm: The Bistro opens for dinner
To book a table, please call 017684 86334.
Good to know:
- Our children’s menu is available until 6.30pm.
- From 7.30pm we kindly request that only children 10+ are in the bistro.
- Please note the maximum group size we are able to accommodate is 8.
- For groups of 8 please note that we require a pre-ordered menu (so that we can guarantee your choice) and a £10 deposit per person which is refundable up until 72 hours before your visit.
- Please note we are closed from Tue 2 – Fri 12 January 2018 inclusive
1863 Bistro: Autumn menu 2017