FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please read our FAQ before sending us a message.
- From the M6 J40 and join the A66 westbound towards Keswick then, also if coming along A66 eastbound.
- Head west along the A66 until you cross the M6 motorway, west of Penrith. Follow the A66, now signposted towards Keswick and Ullswater. After a further mile, you’ll reach another roundabout (Rheged visitor centre).
- Take the second exit, towards Ullswater – this is the A592.
- After about 4 miles, you’ll reach a junction at the lakeside. Turn left and carry on along the lakeside, heading towards Pooley Bridge.
- After crossing the bridge itself, you’ll drive into the village centre keep going past The Crown Inn, The Pooley Bridge Inn and The Sun Inn, we are another 100 yards further on opposite St Paul’s Church.
- From Windermere/Ambleside on the A592, follow the signs for Ullswater, over Kirkstone Pass and through Glenridding. Continue for Pooley Bridge, then follow the directions after you cross the actual Pooley Bridge.
- We have parking for 9 cars on the left of the Building and some extra parking close by if required.
Yes. We accept all major credit cards except American Express.
You are welcome to arrive from 2pm and have a drink in our bar. Your room will be ready for you by 3pm on check in day.
We have parking for 9 cars on the left of the Building and some extra parking close by if required.
CALL US: 017684 86334
SEND US AN EMAIL
1863 is located at
Elm House, High Street, Pooley Bridge, Cumbria, CA10 2NH, England, UK, near to Ullswater in the north east of the Lake District National Park