Covid-19 Update – Reopening Friday 4th December.
Following the end of the second national lockdown restriction we will now re-open on Friday 4 December.
While we can’t wait to welcome you all back, Cumbria is under tier 2 restrictions, we ask that all of our guests adhere to the new tier local restrictions in your local area.
Tier 3 travel restrictions: We are currently following government guidance by not accepting bookings from tier 3 areas. We are contacting guests affected by the tier 3 travel restrictions in order of booking dates and thank you for your patience during this time. We will continue to have a flexible approach our cancellation policy as recommended by the chief medical officer:
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
Room bookings can be cancelled or transferred up to 48hrs prior to arrival with no charge. If you need to cancel or amend your booking within 48hrs of arrival due to COVID-19, we can transfer your booking to another suitable date, however rates may differ between dates.
Any cancellations or amendments within 48hrs, that are not as a direct result of COVID-19, will result in our retaining the charge for the first night of your stay.
Our policy is to mitigate the risk through good practice and risk assessment. We’ll take all necessary measures to deliver the 1863 experience safely.
- 1863 by day & dinner reservations for will be staggered to support social distancing.
- All tables are sanitised before each use & the table is yours to enjoy your evening. Please feel free to join us for a drink at your table before your reservation time.
- Menus & napkins will be single use & our full wine list is available via a QR code
- Tables have been positioned the required distance apart in line with the latest government guidelines.
- We are taking table bookings for a maximum of up to 2 people online, if you wish to book for a table larger than 2 please call us on 017684 86334 but this can only be made up of 1 household or support bubble. For guidance on what defines a support bubble please click here. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance, we will be continuously reviewing this.
- Payment is preferred by card or mobile payment method.
- We’re working on adapting our Check In and Check Out process to speed this up, support social distancing and to ensure the safety of all guests and our team. Guests will be contacted with details of exact procedures in advance of their stay.
- We’ll ask our guests to reserve their Breakfast time on arrival.
- Room information will be available online via a QR code
- Our menu will be available on the website for guests to browse in their rooms.
- If a stay is more than 1 night, our housekeeping team will not enter the room unless requested by the guest
- All of our soft furnishings have been removed from our rooms
- Our public areas & guests rooms are cleaned using cleaning products proven to be effective against Coronavirus
- All of our high volume guest touch point areas including door handles, handrails are sanitised hourly
- Credit card machines are sanitised after each use
- Tables are sanitised after each guest visit
- All public areas are deep cleaned daily
- All of our soft furnishings have been removed from our rooms & public areas
- We have increased the numbers of antibacterial hand sanitisers available in all areas
- All gift vouchers with expiry dates in August, September, October, November or December 2020 will be extended by 6 months.
- All new gift vouchers purchased will have 2 years expiry date
Please note that you are unable to use a Gift Voucher online to make room reservation. Please contact us on 017684 8334 and a member of the team will be happy to help