As Covid-19 restrictions are eased – we’re good to go. Here’s how we’re working to keep both you and us safe:
Dear friends & family,
We hope everyone has managed to stay safe and well during this extremely testing period. Life has changed for us all over the past few months and we, like you, have been doing our best to navigate the new normal.
Following the Government’s announcement we will now begin a phased reopening from Saturday 4 July:
4 July – Rooms open to guests
9 July – *NEW* 1863 by day
16 July – Restaurant opens for residents only
23 July – Restaurant opens for non-residents
We can’t wait to welcome you all back and whilst observing our new safety measures in the same relaxed friendly atmosphere .
The experience may look a little different, but our team will still strive to deliver the same attention to detail & excellent customer service. We want to reassure you that we’re putting measures in place to keep you & our team safe so that you can confidently enjoy your experience with us.
Our policy is to mitigate the risk through good practice and risk assessment. We’ll take all necessary measures to deliver the 1863 experience safely.
Initially we will be opening with a reduced number of tables until we have further guidance on social distancing, so availability will be limited. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance, we will be continuously reviewing our procedures weekly.
We are taking bookings in our restaurants for non-residents from Thursday 23rd July
New service times
- “1863 by day“ 1.30 – 3.30
- Dinner 6.00 – 8.30
- 1863 by day & Dinner reservations for will be staggered to support social distancing.
- All tables are sanitised before each use & the table is yours to enjoy your evening. Please feel free to join us for a drink at your table before your reservation time.
- Menus & napkins will be single use & our full wine list is available via a QR code
- Tables have been positioned the required distance apart in line with the latest government guidelines.
- We are taking table bookings for a maximum of up to 6 people, but this can only be made up of 2 households. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance, we will be continuously reviewing this.
- Payment is preferred by card or mobile payment method.
- We’re working on adapting our Check In and Check Out process to speed this up, support social distancing and to ensure the safety of all guests and our team. Guests will be contacted with details of exact procedures in advance of their stay.
- We’ll ask our guests to reserve their Breakfast time on arrival.
- Room information will be available online via a QR code
- Our menu will be available on the website for guests to browse in their rooms.
- If a stay is more than 1 night, our housekeeping team will not enter the room unless requested by the guest
- All of our soft furnishings have been removed from our rooms
- Our public areas & guests rooms are cleaned using cleaning products proven to be effective against Coronavirus
- All of our high volume guest touch point areas including door handles, handrails are sanitised hourly
- Credit card machines are sanitised after each use
- Tables are sanitised after each guest visit
- All public areas are deep cleaned daily
- All of our soft furnishings have been removed from our rooms & public areas
- We have increased the numbers of antibacterial hand sanitisers available in all areas
- We have extended the validity of all Gift Vouchers that expired whilst we are closed, or that are due to expire later this year.
- All Gift Vouchers that expired April – July 2020 have been extended to expire on 30 December.
- All Gift Vouchers due to expire in August, September, October, November or December 2020 will be extended by 3 months.
Please note that you are unable to use a Gift Voucher online to make room reservation. Please contact us on 017684 8334 and a member of the team will be happy to help