Visiting 7 – 12 September 2020? Please read:
- The temporary footbridge at Pooley Bridge closes for good on Mon 7 September
- It will be removed totally between Mon 7-Sat 12 September
- Please note – during this time, the temporary car park at Waterfoot will only be open to Ullswater Steamers’ ticket holders to park
- After the 12 September, one pavement across Pooley New Bridge will open for pedestrian access
- The new bridge is still on schedule to open totally to vehicles and pedestrians in late October
Getting to 1863 during 2020:
Installation of Pooley ‘New’ Bridge
While the new bridge is being constructed, access to 1863 and Pooley Bridge is via the Eamont Bridge / Tirril diversion only. A temporary footbridge links the two sides of the river so you can still access Ullswater ‘Steamers’ Pier house.
Pooley ‘New’ Bridge is scheduled to open to both pedestrians and vehicles in late October 2020.
For all the latest bridge news, updates and event – visit www.ullswater.com/pooleybridge/Get Detailed Directions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please read our FAQ before sending us a message.
September 2019 – Spring 2020: Installation of Pooley ‘New’ Bridge
While the new bridge is being constructed, access to 1863 and Pooley Bridge is via the Eamont Bridge / Tirril diversion only. From late September a temporary footbridge will link the two sides of the river so you can still access Ullswater ‘Steamers’ Pier house.Get Detailed Directions
For all the latest bridge news, updates and events – visit www.ullswater.com/pooleybridge/
Yes. We accept all major credit cards except American Express.
You are welcome to arrive from 2pm and have a drink in our bar. Your room will be ready for you by 3pm on check in day.
We have parking for 9 cars on the left of the Building and some extra parking close by if required.
CALL US: 017684 86334
SEND US AN EMAIL
1863 is located at
Elm House, High Street, Pooley Bridge, Cumbria, CA10 2NH, England, UK, near to Ullswater in the north east of the Lake District National Park