1863 is committed to reducing our impact on the environment and each year we set and review business goals
to ensure we are operating in an environmentally efficient way.
- Removing single use plastics
- Reducing our use of paper across our business with guests and B2B
- Reducing the carbon footprint of our business operation
- Seasonal fuits and vegetables come from our Kitchen Gardners’, Jean and Alan while meat is locally sourced from within 10 miles of 1863
- We source local suppliers wherever possible to reduce food miles
- We use local contractors where possible
- We ask our guests to make informed choices about reusing rather than replacing towels & linen daily
- We use only eco-friendly chemicals and cleaning materials
- Constantly review and improve our waste management and recycling strategies. All staff are trained on the importance of recycling and we have on site facilities for this.
- We use a lift-sharing scheme to reduce commuter miles for staff
- We have secure bike storage for guests wishing to use it
To whom do I direct questions or concerns regarding this statement?